Hey Y’all, welcome back!
One of my favorite parts about summer is being able to sit out on the water and enjoy a tasty frozen margarita! One night, as I was doing so I had this idea.. why not mix my favorite two things together – baking and margaritas! No, I’m not talking about baking with a margarita in hand, even though that isn’t a bad idea 😏 I’m talking about MARGARITA CUPCAKES!
I baked a batch of these back in May to take to a Jimmy Buffett concert for my best friends birthday and they were a HIT! Follow my recipe below to make your delicious margarita cupcakes! Cupcake Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (room temp)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 1/2 limes juices and zested
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Line cupcake tins with cupcake liners
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In another medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until it is pale and fluffy. (Usually about 4-5 minutes on medium-high speed).
- Reduce mixing speed to medium and add the eggs one at a time until completely combined.
- Add the lime zest, lime juice, vanilla, and tequila. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Reduce mixing speed to low and add in your dry ingredients, alternating with the milk. Add a little at a time alternating with the milk.
- DO NOT OVER MIX THE BATTER. You want to stop mixing when you can no longer see the ingredients you just added.
- Scoop batter into lined cupcake tins.
- Bake cupcakes for about 15-20 minutes depending on your cupcake size. Use the toothpick test to determine when your cupcakes are finished.
- Remove cupcakes from tin and place on a baking rack to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- Pinch of salt
- Whip the butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed. (5 minutes)
- Reduce the speed to medium-low and gradually add the powdered sugar.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and increase the speed and mix for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the lime juice, tequila and salt.
- Beat on medium-high until it is fluffy.
- Frost your cupcakes using a piping bag and decorating tip.
Hope you enjoy making this sweet summer treat as much as I did.