Fore!!!! Can someone please explain to me how it’s already Monday?! I mean the weekend just flies by! 😩 But for real- who can I talk to about extending the weekend because it’s a must!
Anywhooooo… I think it’s about time I share another one of my recent creations. My dad recently went away to his first golf tournament of the season and thought “what better way to welcome him home than cupcakes!” I ended up making him chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting… and some fun decorations on top 😉 follow my recipe below to create your hole in one cupcakes!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 sour cream
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl, sift together cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add in one egg at a time, beating until mixed in after each egg is added.
- Beat in the vanilla
- Mixing on a slow speed, add flour mixture in batches (alternating sour cream and flour. Make sure to start with sour cream and end with flour!)
- Pour batter into lined cups, filling only 3/4 the way.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until done. (Use the toothpick test to determine).
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling tray.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cut butter (room temp)
- 11/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar and butter with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Add in the vanilla and 1 tablespoons of milk
- Slowly beat in the rest of the milk until you have a smooth consistency. If your frosting is too thick, add milk. If your frosting is too thin, add powdered sugar.
- Green jimmies
- Graham crackers
- Edible pearl bead
- Once your cupcakes are completely cooled, spread a generous amount of frosting to the tops.
- Smash some graham crakers and place them in a dish. Roll one side of your cupcake in the cracker to look like sand.
- Sprinkle the green jimmies on the remainder of the frosting.
- Cut a straw in quarters. Place a straw in the top of the cupcake.
- Cut a piece of paper to look like a flag and tape it to the pole.
- Finally, add a pearl ball to the foot of the pole. Use some leftover frosting to get the ball to stick in place.
And there you have your golf inspired cupcakes. 🏌 Here’s to hoping your cupcakes are a hole in one! 😉